Fractional shares support
Fractional shares support means that the broker allows you to buy or sell a fraction of a stock - for example only 0.02 stock.
Its availability depends on the broker and the symbol - it is up to broker discretion if it supports fractional shares on stocks and on which symbols exactly.
Please check the updated documentation for your broker, at the time of writing this article the situation is as follows.
Documentation link: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/fractional-trading.php
- supports all order types
- not supported on demo and through API
- standard commission fee applied List of supported stocks (regularly updated): http://www.ibkr.com/download/fracshare_stk.csv
- supports Market and day order types
- Not all assets are fractionable ?
Documentation (in Czech): https://cz.xtb.com/frakcni-akcie
- there is a column Fractions Yes/No in the instruments table: https://xtb.scdn5.secure.raxcdn.com/file/0094/51/newomitablecz24042023_f5dc304de0.pdf